• Perform pre-trip inspection to ensure safety of assigned vehicle and cleanliness of interior.
• Transport students. Train students on regulations, emergency procedures, safe loading and unloading procedures and safe riding.
• Maintain discipline on buses. Hand out discipline slips, call parents, meet with the principal.
• Train a minimum of 8 hours a year to keep updated on state laws and regulations, safety procedures, new methods of transportation and student safety.
• Responsible for good public relations with school patrons, students, parents, administrators, teachers, director, and co-workers.
• Start the bus to ensure that it is warm in inclement weather and that windows and mirrors are clean for safe viewing.
• Obey all traffic laws.
• Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
• Keep to assigned schedule.
• Check bus before and after each route for students and articles. Post "No Student on Board" signs when returning to bus lot.
• Notify the proper authority immediately in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
• Discharge students only at authorized stops.
• Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
• Transport only authorized students.
• Report all accidents immediately and complete required reports.
• Continually focus on safe working and operating procedures to ensure the safety and well being of others.
• Attend scheduled monthly safety meetings and orientation.
• Keep route updated as needed and give suggestions for improvements.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain good rapport with students, parents, supervisor and fellow workers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.